Luxury tented Camp – 10 Tents in Total – Max 24 guests
Gomoti Plains Camp (Okavango Delta). Named after the nearby Gomoti River. The Camp is positioned on an open flood plain, teeming with life, and built in the iconic Machaba signature tent style. Towering palm trees surround the Camp, immersing the lodge in the environment.
Local culture and design dominate the architecture at Gomoti Plains Camp. The importance of both water and land, essential to life in the Okavango Delta features heavily.
A unique safari experience awaits guests at Gomoti Plains Camp. The natural surrounding habitat blends into all facets of safari life and the very fabric of the Camp itself.
Gomoti Plains Camp (Okavango Delta) offers extensive water activities with incredible wildlife diversity. The wildlife viewing in the area, both from vehicle or water, is superb. Guests can look forward to Mokoro trips, motorboats (water-dependent), and game viewing by vehicle or on foot. Being in a private concession, guests can also look forward to night drives and off-road viewing.
Some of the more interesting finds in this new unique area include wild dog dens, large prides of lion, huge herds of buffalo, regular sightings of leopard and cheetah and plentiful other wildlife throughout the area.
The Mokoro is a dugout canoe. Experienced guides pole Mokoro Safaris in the shallower waters of the Okavango. Guests are treated to an intimate view of life within the waterways that create the biodiversity of the Okovango Delta. Mokoro safaris still showcase traditional wildlife encounters, but the quiet nature of the excursion highlights the birdlife and aquatic residents of the area. Mokoro excursions take place in the mornings.
Game drives take place each morning & afternoon and always depart from Camp. Each drive will explore the river systems and plains around the Camp and lasts approximately 3 hours. The wildlife in the area is prolific, with excellent chances to see larger predators, herds of elephant, buffalo, and all the plains animals that occur here. Night drives begin in the early evening and offer guests a chance to see smaller, more nocturnal animals with spotlights.
Morning walking safaris are conducted daily by armed guides. The smaller and often overlooked flora and fauna are the focus on the morning walks. Walks are, as such, taken at a very relaxed pace. Please note that walking is both weather & guide dependent.
FACILITIES AVAILABLE AT GOMOTI PLAINS CAMP
- Swimming Pool, with lounge chairs and towels
- Tented Main Area
- Picturesque views over the tributaries of the Gomoti river
- Spa Therapist. Treatments include massages and facials done in guests’ rooms.
- Curio shop
WHAT GUESTS CAN EXPECT TO DO AT GOMOTI PLAINS CAMP
- Morning and evening game drives
- Walking (Guide dependant)
- Mokoros (Water dependent)
- Motorized boats (Water dependent)
- Game viewing from the comfort of your luxury tent
- After Dinner Night Drive (Optional)
Gomoti Plains Camp (Okavango Delta) offers the perfect pairing of affordability, luxury, and diverse offering.
8 x Luxury Tents
2 x Family Luxury Tents
- Children of all ages are welcome. However, guests with children under 6 need to book a private vehicle.
- No babysitting facilities are available.
- Children aged five years and younger stay free, and children 6-11 pay the standard child rate
- (50% of adult sharing rate). Children 12+ pay full adult rate
- No more than two children under 12 years of age in a family luxury tent with two adults. (Extra children on request, please speak to reservations)
- One child and one adult in a standard luxury tent pay an adult + child rate.
- One adult is permitted to stay in a family luxury tent with two other adults at the full adult rate.
- No children under 12 are allowed to participate in Mokoro and Game Walk activities.
Gomoti Plains Camp is just 18 km south-east of Chitabe Camp in the private community area of NG32, a significant community-run concession in the Okavango Delta. The Camp is located alongside the Gomoti River system on a small floodplain.
Access to Gomoti Plains Camp is by air only.
- Gomoti Plains is a 15 – 20-minute charter flight from Maun
- Gomoti Plains is a 50 – 60-minute charter flight from Kasane
- There is a 30-minute drive from the airstrip to Camp, but it can vary if water levels are high
- We can also book inter-camp flight transfers
A typical summer day at Gomoti Plains:
(Kindly note times may vary slightly, and winter timings are different)
- 05h30 Wake-up call at the room
- 06h00 Light breakfast in the central area
- 06h30 Depart for your morning activity: game drive, nature walk, Mokoro
- 10h30 Return from the morning activity
- 11h00 Brunch
- Afternoon at leisure – possible activities: Swimming pool, curio shop, spa
- 15h30 Afternoon Tea
- 16h00 Depart on afternoon game drive /river cruise (water-dependent)
- 19h30 Return from the game drive
- 20h00 Dinner under the stars (weather permitting)
- After Dinner – night drive (optional)
HIGH SEASON 01/06/22 – 31/10/22
Single Supplement – 40% $584.00
Children 6 – 11 years $730.00
LOW SEASON 11/01/22 – 31/03/22
Children 6 – 11 years $378.00
SHOULDER SEASON 01/04/22 – 31/05/22 & 01/11/22 – 10/01/23
Single Supplement – 40% $412.00
Children 6 – 11 years $515.00
Rates are fully inclusive of:
Accommodation, All meals, Laundry, Lodge activities, Return vehicle airstrip transfers, Alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages (excluding imported and premium drinks), Levies & Taxes
International flights, Internal flight transfers, Premium imports, Travel insurance, Visas and discretionary tips, community levy of 15 USD p.p.p.n.
Botswana is a malaria area. As such, precautions are recommended. All travellers coming from or going through countries which have been declared yellow fever infected areas must provide a health certificate of vaccination for yellow fever upon arrival into Botswana.
The water in the Camp is safe to drink.
Gomoti Plains has 220V plug points in all the tents to charge batteries and sleep apnoea machines. They are, however, not suitable for hairdryers and electric shavers.
There is no wifi in the tents. However, guests can access limited wifi near the office.
No children under 12 are allowed to participate in Mokoro and Game Walk activities.
A maximum of 20kg of luggage per person is allowed for light aircraft flights. This includes hand luggage and camera equipment. Please ensure that all luggage is soft-sided. Only bags without wheels are allowed.
Luggage dimensions should not exceed 25cm (10 inches) wide, 30cm (12 inches) high and 62 cm (24 inches) long.
Passengers weighing between 110 – 120 kg (242 – 264 lbs.) please need to advise us when making a booking. We, in turn, will advise Mack Air for scheduling purposes. Passengers who weigh over 120 kg (264 lbs.) will be expected to purchase an additional seat.
Tent 4 is wheelchair friendly.