8 thatched river-facing suites
Ngoma Safari Lodge (Chobe Forest Reserve) is a boutique lodge. The lodge is located on the doorstep of Chobe National Park and is an oasis within a wildlife wonderland offering unrivaled panoramic views over the game-rich floodplain and Chobe River. Chobe is also known as the ‘Land of the Giants,’ as it is home to the largest population of elephants on Earth. Guests can expect a vast and diverse array of wildlife on guided safaris through the Chobe National Park, spend lazy afternoons by the pool and have incredible evening meals under the African sky.
Ngoma Safari Lodge is a joint community and privately-funded project in association with the Chobe Enclave Conservation Trust (CECT).
Through socially responsible programs, the lodge enriches the lives of those living within this community. The CECT benefits directly via a land lease fee and bed levy, as well as employment.
Guests to Ngoma Safari Lodge (Chobe Forest Reserve) can expect a vast and diverse array of wildlife and incredible sightings, be it on foot or a game vehicle.
Game drives take place each morning & afternoon, and always depart from camp. Each drive will explore the river systems and plains around the camp and lasts approximately 3 hours. The wildlife in the area is prolific with excellent chances to see larger predators, herds of elephant, buffalo and all the plains animals that occur here. Night drives begin in the early evening and offer guests a chance to see smaller more nocturnal animals with spotlights.
Morning walking safaris are conducted daily and are always accompanied by armed guides. Smaller, often overlooked, flora and fauna are the focus on morning walks. Walks are, as such, taken at a very leisurely pace. Please note, that walking is both weather & guide dependent, and dependent on terrain conditions.
FACILITIES AVAILABLE AT NGOMA SAFARI LODGE
Ngoma Safari Lodge is a 5-star bush lodge with 8 individual spacious suites. Additional facilities include:
- Panoramic views overlooking the Chobe River and floodplain
- Private ‘refresh and relax’ pools located in the external living area of each suite
- A Boma dining area
- Wi-Fi throughout the lodge
- The central guest area overlooks the Chobe River and includes:
- The reception area, dining area, and bar.
- Internet and communication facilities.
- A swimming pool, sundeck, and game viewing.
WHAT GUESTS CAN EXPECT TO DO AT NGOMA SAFARI LODGE
*Some activities will be at an additional charge
- Enjoy the scenery and wildlife from the privacy of your balcony.
- Optional breakfast and lunch cruise from the new jetty at Ihaha, located in western Chobe. (Seasonal rain-dependent)
- A full day safari including a cruise on the Chobe River, a game drive in the Chobe National Park (which has over 75 species of mammals) and a picnic lunch.
- Night game drives: these are available in the Chobe Forest Reserve.
- Visit the local school, clinic, and village.
- Bird Viewing. The region hosts over 450 species of birds.
- Victoria Falls Tour (Either on the Zambian or Zimbabwean side)
- Fishing on the Chobe River (Seasonal)
- Morning and Afternoon Game Drives
Ngoma Safari Lodge (Chobe Forest Reserve) is a small boutique lodge that sits on a plateau and overlooks the Chobe River and floodplain.
All 8 thatched river-facing suites have spacious living areas boasting views over the river. The amenties include a large luxury bath, an inside and outside shower, air conditioning, overhead fans, mini bar, tand a ea/coffee station including a Nespresso machine.
Also, each suite has a private ‘refresh and relax’ pool, conveniently located in the external living area.
All rooms are equipped with three-quarter beds that can be converted into king-size beds.
Two suites include sofa beds that pull out to create family sleeping accommodation. Sofa beds are recommended for children between 10 and 11 years old. Each suite has a view of the river and offers the opportunity to see the famous Chobe elephants, migrating zebra or buffalo grazing on the floodplain below.
*Children of 10 years and above are accepted
Guests have the option of transferring to Ngoma Safari Lodge with flights via Kasane Airport (Botswana), Victoria Falls Airport (Zimbabwe) or Livingstone Airport (Zambia).
Road transfers time are estimated:
- 1 hour 15 minutes from the Kazungula border with Zambia
- 1-hour from the Kazungula Border with Zimbabwe
- 45-minutes from Kasane Airport
- Approximately 3-hours from Livingstone or Victoria Falls airports.
A typical summer day at Ngoma Safari Lodge:
(Kindly note, times may vary slightly and winter timings are different)
- 05h30 Wake up call at the room
- 06h00 Light breakfast in the main area
- 06h30 Depart for your morning activity: game drive, nature walk, mokoro
- 10h30 Return from the morning activity
- 11h00 Brunch
- Afternoon at leisure – possible activities: Swimming pool, curio shop, spa
- 15h30 Afternoon Tea
- 16h00 Depart on afternoon game drive
- 19h30 Return from the game drive
- 20h00 Dinner under the stars (weather permitting)
HIGH SEASON 01/07/20 – 31/10/20
Per Person Sharing
1 – 2 night stay $1,024.00
3 – 4 night stay $947.00
5 or more nights $920.00
LOW SEASON 01/01/20 – 31/03/20 & 01/12/20 – 31/12/20
Per Person Sharing
1 – 2 night stay $590.00
3 – 4 night stay $545.00
5 or more nights $534.00
SHOULDER SEASON 01/04/20 – 30/06/20 & 01/11/20 – 30/11/20
Per Person Sharing
1 – 2 night stay $760.00
3 – 4 night stay $700.00
5 or more nights $685.00
Rates are fully inclusive of:
Accommodation, All meals, Laundry, Lodge activities, Return vehicle airstrip transfers from Kasane Airport or Kazangula Border, Alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages (excluding imported and premium drinks), National Park Levies & Taxes
International flights, Internal flight transfers, Premium imports, Travel insurance, Visas and discretionary tips.
Botswana is a malaria area, as such, precautions are recommended. All travellers coming from or going through countries that have been declared yellow fever infected areas must provide an international health certificate of vaccination for yellow fever upon arrival into Botswana.
The water in the camp is safe to drink.
Machaba Camp has 220V plug points in all the tents which can be used to charge batteries and sleep apnoea machines, however, they are not suitable for hairdryers and electric shavers.
There is no wifi in the tents. Limited wifi, however, can be accessed near the office.
No children under 12 may participate in Mokoro and Game Walk activities.
A maximum of 20kg of luggage per person is allowed for light aircraft flights. This includes hand luggage and camera equipment. Only soft-sided luggage is allowed. This means no luggage with wheels is permitted.
Luggage dimensions should not exceed 25cm (10 inches) wide, 30cm (12 inches) high and 62 cm (24 inches) long.
Passengers weighing between 110 – 120 kg (242 – 264 lbs.) please need to advise us when making a booking, so that we can, in turn, advise Mack Air for scheduling purposes. Passengers weighing over 120 kg (264 lbs.) will be expected to purchase an additional seat.