Largemouth Yellowfish – Smallmouth Yellowfish
SEASON: March – April & September – October
DURATION: 5 Nights – 4 Days Fishing
Rapid Adventures tours are five-day, four-night fishing trips through the Richtersveld section of the Orange River. The journey is a self-sufficient camping/fishing adventure on the border between South Africa and Namibia. If catching Largemouth Yellowfish and sleeping under the stars is on your bucket list then this is a tour for you.
The Richtersveld is a National Park and all fishing is catch and release.
Fishing at Rapid Adventures (Richtersveld)
This package is designed for those wishing to target trophy Largemouth Yellowfish. These fish are extremely elusive & any ‘Largie’ should be celebrated. Using trusted local methods & strict conservation techniques guests regularly land & release ‘largies’ of over 20lbs.
If Smallmouth Yellowfish are on your list then they are also prolific in the area. They make a change from casting 7 or 8 wt rods at Largemouth Yellowfish and anglers having caught in excess of 40 fish in a single day. Also, larger Smallmouth Yellowfish often fall to a well-fished streamer while targeting Largemouth Yellowfish.
Fishing is done in one of two ways: either from a Croc inflatable canoe or on foot, stalking the banks.
With six anglers per trip, this tour is ideally suited for adventurous groups who enjoy great fishing mixed with the camping lifestyle & desert vistas that the Richtersveld offers. Days will be spent drifting & fishing from the sandy banks of the Orange River, lined with game, willows, ebony trees and other lush vegetation. Nights are spent under the stars.
Accommodation at Rapid Adventures (Richtersveld)
1-night camping at Vioolsdrift Richtersveld
4-nights wilderness camping on the river
- Vioolsdrift Richtersveld consists of grassed areas with trees and bomas providing shade, shelter and washing-up facilities. There are ablution blocks, both with flush loos and showers
Getting to Rapid Adventures (Richtersveld)
Situated at Vioolsdrift Richtersveld around 1300 km from Johannesburg and 680 km from Cape Town. The Richtersveld National Park is a semi-desert, which means hot days and cool nights.
4-nights – 5-days fishing in Richtersveld National Park
1-night camping at Vioolsdrift
- Day 1 – Arrive at Camp (Tent & food included)
- Day 2 – leave for the river, fish day 1 (Tent & food included)
- Day 3 – fish day 2 (Tent & food included)
- Day 4 – fish day 3 (Tent & food included)
- Day 5 – fish morning day 4 back at camp by 11 am & head home
Fishing Rates/person sharing
- 2 x White Water Rafting & River Guides
- Croc Inflatable Canoes – Shared 2 guests per boat
- All camping equipment and accommodation for 5 nights – 2 anglers per tent
- All meals starting dinner on the day of arrival and ending with breakfast on the day of departure
- Water, tea and coffee
- Safety Gear
- Transport to base Camp – Vioolsdrift
- Drinks – Soft and alcoholic (no glass bottles allowed)
- Guides Gratuities
- Sleeping bags – please bring your own
No cell connection on the river.
ZAR. PLEASE ENSURE YOU BRING ENOUGH TO SETTLE TACKLE, DRINKS BILLS AND GRATUITIES.
Flights to-and-from Upington and Johannesburg daily.
All guests will be sent a thorough breakdown of the tackle set up in their pre-trip information. This will include all flies, flyline, technical gear requirements, etc.